Cyber forum
May 06, 2024, 02:07:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traduzioni Cyber / Cyber Translation  (Read 27256 times)
Andrea
Administrator

andrea.pignataro@hotmail.it
View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 27, 2010, 08:54:19 PM »

Chi volesse proporre una traduzione o dare una mano ad una in corso...POSTI QUI! Wink

Who want to help or propose a translation of Cyber...POST HERE! Wink
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:19:34 PM by Andrea » Logged
RedGuff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 04:38:21 AM »

Hello.
I've started to translate Cyber in French. It's long, because the files are numerous (but short), but http://translate.google.fr/ helps me a lot.
/
Bonjour.
J'ai commencé à traduire Cyber en français. C'est long, car les fichiers sont nombreux (mais courts), mais http://translate.google.fr/ m'aide beaucoup.
RedGuff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 04:49:35 AM »

Hello.
In English, in the file 55.txt, please replace "it'll be better to put back the phone where you have found it..." with "it'd be better to put back the phone where you have found it...".
In English, in the file 62.txt, please replace "filght" with "flight".
Thanks.
Andrea
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 10:23:18 AM »

Hello.
In English, in the file 55.txt, please replace "it'll be better to put back the phone where you have found it..." with "it'd be better to put back the phone where you have found it...".
In English, in the file 62.txt, please replace "filght" with "flight".
Thanks.
First of all thank you for the french translation! Cheesy
...and thanks also for notifying the english typos, I'll correct them asap...but I'll wait the end of your translation...so I can have a complete "revision" of the english texts.
Don't worry, you'll also be credited as the "english version's ProofReader" Wink
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:29:09 PM by Andrea » Logged
RedGuff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 10:16:25 PM »

Thanks!
I didn't understand the meaning of the 168.txt.
Generally, I translate with Google, from the English text, because I don't understand Italian.
I tried to translate the Italian text too, this time, and the meaning seems the contrary (of a text that I don't understand!)
"You've just tried to remedy a "forced theft" making a good action..." : I understand : "You stopped an attack, it's good".
"...don't do it..." : if it's good, why?  Huh

Its seems contradictory.
Thanks to help me.
Andrea
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 11:58:35 PM »

Thanks!
I didn't understand the meaning of the 168.txt.
Generally, I translate with Google, from the English text, because I don't understand Italian.
I tried to translate the Italian text too, this time, and the meaning seems the contrary (of a text that I don't understand!)
"You've just tried to remedy a "forced theft" making a good action..." : I understand : "You stopped an attack, it's good".
"...don't do it..." : if it's good, why?  Huh

Its seems contradictory.
Thanks to help me.
Ok I'll try to explain it better:
You've just lock-picked the shop's door and stolen a very expensive device (see the poster on the wall)...all of this is a "bad action".
So you try to remedy to this "bad action" paying the device ... so you put the money on the counter. Interacting with the money suggest that you pick it up again to put it in your pockets-inventory...so it's again a bad action ... and here's explained the pun. Smiley
It's all based on the fact that Nick has done many favors to you (the bug and the batteries...all for free)...and so you don't feel like making a "bad action" against him.

In other words, the sentence is:
You've just remedied to the theft you've been forced to commit (paying the DreamBox)...don't change you're mind taking back the money...(it's not good)
It's just a simple pun...light humor...only a sentence to explain that you feel bad for what are you doing...but since you're "forced" to do it (you need the dreambox) you try to remedy paying the device...also if Nick is not there.

I hope now it's all clear  Wink

For any other question...just ask! Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:07:49 AM by Andrea » Logged
RedGuff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 08:26:34 PM »

Hello.
Thanks.
I'll translate your text like this: "Vous veniez juste d'essayer de compenser un "vol forcé" en faisant une bonne action ... ne le faites pas..."
Si vous comprenez le français, qui que vous soyez, merci de m'indiquer ce que vous en pensez.
RedGuff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »

In 172.txt : what is the "P.S.E.", please ? The next texts, Google and the English Wikipedia can't help me.

In 176.txt, the English text and the Italian text seems different. I can't understand. Can you explain me, please ?
"You ask to the seller an old and used memory chip.
The seller says that he bought one of it two days ago...but, being a very rare model, he'll sell it only if you'll help him.
You have to recover all the chips with a maximum of two broken circuits from that old board on the workbench behind him."

"Chiedi al venditore di poter acquistare un chip d'espansione memoria usato...abbastanza vecchio.
Il venditore dice che ne ha ricevuto uno due giorni fa...ma, essendo un modello molto raro, è disposto a dartelo solo se lo aiuterai in un lavoro.
Dovrai recuperare, da una vecchia scheda sul banco da lavoro alle sue spalle, tutti i chip con al massimo due circuiti interrotti." is translated directly by Google in English like this : "Ask the seller to be able to buy an expansion memory chip used ... quite old.
The seller says it has received one two days ago ... but, being a very rare model, is willing to give it to you unless you help in a job.
You'll recall from an old sheet on the bench behind him, all the chips with a maximum of two broken circuit."
RedGuff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 09:49:04 PM »

In 181.txt, you missed a point after the text.
In 190.txt, I don't understand from "Grazie ad un software..." or "Thanks to a procedural..."
I found many contradictory translations and lack of precisions. That stops me to translate it. Explain me what you wanted, please, because my English is very bad.

I suppose that you are Italian, and that you translated your original Italian text in English. This is because I read your Italian text sometimes, and that I try to use it through the translation of Google, when I can't do it from the English text only.
Do you know other language? If yes, try to translate it in this language, to understand my problem.
(I'm French, I know a little of English, German, Esperanto, and toki pona.)

In 190.txt, my questions are:
* With this procedural software the tiger found a profile of what? of person?
* Who is "sure that he known what to do of it"? The tiger Martin? the profile?
* "sure that he known" : "if he knows" or "I'm sure that he knows, because it's the profile"?
* "of it" is of what? of the link? of the archive?
* Who was wrong? the tiger Martin? the profile?
* wrong of what? of the choice of the profile? of the link? to know what to do?

Sorry for my poor English, poorly rough-hewn.
Andrea
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 09:54:02 PM »

In 172.txt : what is the "P.S.E.", please ? The next texts, Google and the English Wikipedia can't help me.

In 176.txt, the English text and the Italian text seems different. I can't understand. Can you explain me, please ?
"You ask to the seller an old and used memory chip.
The seller says that he bought one of it two days ago...but, being a very rare model, he'll sell it only if you'll help him.
You have to recover all the chips with a maximum of two broken circuits from that old board on the workbench behind him."

"Chiedi al venditore di poter acquistare un chip d'espansione memoria usato...abbastanza vecchio.
Il venditore dice che ne ha ricevuto uno due giorni fa...ma, essendo un modello molto raro, è disposto a dartelo solo se lo aiuterai in un lavoro.
Dovrai recuperare, da una vecchia scheda sul banco da lavoro alle sue spalle, tutti i chip con al massimo due circuiti interrotti." is translated directly by Google in English like this : "Ask the seller to be able to buy an expansion memory chip used ... quite old.
The seller says it has received one two days ago ... but, being a very rare model, is willing to give it to you unless you help in a job.
You'll recall from an old sheet on the bench behind him, all the chips with a maximum of two broken circuit."

-172.txt: the P.S.E. is the Perennial Solar Eclipse (as stated and explained later in the file: cyberspacedossier.txt) ...in the file 172.txt it remain an acronym...later it's explained in the cyberspace's library.

-176.txt: The english translation is a little different because it was a sentence "too long" to display entirely in the text box...but basically here's the entire scene meaning:

Situation: You need to get back the memory chip of the sitting man in the plaza...he may know some important information...but he's also an poor alcoholic...and he sold his memory chip to buy a globeer (beer). So you go to the chip shop (where anyone can sell and buy every kind of chips) and luckily the seller has still the chip you need (the one sold by the sitting man).
So you ask to buy it...but the seller (the owner of the chip shop) tells you that since it's a very old memory chip model...(hard to find) he asks you to help him with a work he's doing (the chip's puzzle on the workbench behind him).

Sentence:You ask to the seller to buy an old and used memory chip (the sitting man's chip).
The seller says that he bought one of it two days ago...but, being it a very rare model, he'll sell it only if you'll help him (condition that introduces the puzzle).
You have to recover all the chips with a maximum of two broken circuits from that old board on the workbench behind him (if a chip has more than two broken circuit it's "no good"...if a chip has two -or less- broken circuits then "it's good". Clicking only on the "good" chips solves the puzzle).

As always...I hope that now it's all clear Smiley
Andrea
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 10:12:32 PM »

In 181.txt, you missed a point after the text.
In 190.txt, I don't understand from "Grazie ad un software..." or "Thanks to a procedural..."
I found many contradictory translations and lack of precisions. That stops me to translate it. Explain me what you wanted, please, because my English is very bad.

I suppose that you are Italian, and that you translated your original Italian text in English. This is because I read your Italian text sometimes, and that I try to use it through the translation of Google, when I can't do it from the English text only.
Do you know other language? If yes, try to translate it in this language, to understand my problem.
(I'm French, I know a little of English, German, Esperanto, and toki pona.)

In 190.txt, my questions are:
1. With this procedural software the tiger found a profile of what? of person?
2. Who is "sure that he known what to do of it"? The tiger Martin? the profile?
3. "sure that he known" : "if he knows" or "I'm sure that he knows, because it's the profile"?
4. "of it" is of what? of the link? of the archive?
5. Who was wrong? the tiger Martin? the profile?
6. wrong of what? of the choice of the profile? of the link? to know what to do?

Sorry for my poor English, poorly rough-hewn.

181.txt: Thanks, I'll correct it Wink
190.txt: Yes, I'm Italian...and no, I know only English. There's no hurry in translating...step-by-step I can explain you all the misunderstood sentences.

So, here's the answers to your questions:
1. Yes, the tiger found a profile of a person...not the identity, but just the profile (like a sort of cyber fortune-teller...you know: "I see a tall and young person who know you..." Grin ...but told in bit and not in words)
2. Martin (that is the real name of the tiger) using the procedural software find that the he have to give the link to a person who "surely" knows what to do with it (like above: "I see that you have to give the link to a person who already knows ho to use it...", but told by bit ... the standard output of the software)
3. answered in 2.
4. answered in 2. ...by the way, the link
5. Martin, he misunderstood the profile...: the "chosen one" (like Neo in Matrix) not was the drunken sitting man...but you the "player" Jason Currial
6. answered in 5. ...by the way, the interpretation by Martin of what the procedural software said.

Keep up the good work! Wink
RedGuff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 01:27:21 AM »

Thanks.

In 191.txt: when the player read this text, is it possible that he has the virus? The translation'll be different if yes, more poor.

Sometimes, there is an empty line before the text, at the beginning of the file. Sometimes not. Why ? Do I have to do the same?

195.txt : a point is lacking at the end.

195.txt : "Today GALAKTIXWORM was to receive" : why not "Today GALAKTIXWORM will receive" if the meeting is not started ? or "Today GALAKTIXWORM is to receive" ?

196.txt : "red baseball cap" or "un cappello con visiera rosso.". It's not important, but I didn't finished the game. How is the image ?

I didn't understood what is GALAKTIXWORM. Is it a person, a software, a place?

203 et 209 : what is a grate : "grill" or "ciminiera" ?

222.txt : lack a comma ?

234:"Inserisci nel drive della postazione il disco contenente il virus..." & "You insert the disk in the pod's drive...". The word "pod" can be translated by "nacelle", not what you want! I mixed the text for french.

cyberspacedossier.txt : "Febraury" in english.

dossier.txt : "The benefits that the "CYBER" project offers to the IROTECH are a facilitated tracing of criminals for the K-X300, the resulting enhancement of the K-X300 efficiency and the certainty of a continuous and inexhaustible source of criminals to fight producing more K-X300, ensuring steady and increasing profits.
The huge demand of K-X300 by the world's government forces is pushing the IROTECH to devise new plans regarding the public details of the "CYBER" project." : I didn't understand "to fight producing" and "regarding the public details ".

Info.txt : "you DON'T HAVE to" : I suggest "you MUSN'T".

I didn't translate "dreambox", nor the names ("Jack"="Jacques").
Thanks.
Andrea
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 09:56:55 AM »

Thanks.

In 191.txt: when the player read this text, is it possible that he has the virus? The translation'll be different if yes, more poor.

Sometimes, there is an empty line before the text, at the beginning of the file. Sometimes not. Why ? Do I have to do the same?

195.txt : a point is lacking at the end.

195.txt : "Today GALAKTIXWORM was to receive" : why not "Today GALAKTIXWORM will receive" if the meeting is not started ? or "Today GALAKTIXWORM is to receive" ?

196.txt : "red baseball cap" or "un cappello con visiera rosso.". It's not important, but I didn't finished the game. How is the image ?

I didn't understood what is GALAKTIXWORM. Is it a person, a software, a place?

203 et 209 : what is a grate : "grill" or "ciminiera" ?

222.txt : lack a comma ?

234:"Inserisci nel drive della postazione il disco contenente il virus..." & "You insert the disk in the pod's drive...". The word "pod" can be translated by "nacelle", not what you want! I mixed the text for french.

cyberspacedossier.txt : "Febraury" in english.

dossier.txt : "The benefits that the "CYBER" project offers to the IROTECH are a facilitated tracing of criminals for the K-X300, the resulting enhancement of the K-X300 efficiency and the certainty of a continuous and inexhaustible source of criminals to fight producing more K-X300, ensuring steady and increasing profits.
The huge demand of K-X300 by the world's government forces is pushing the IROTECH to devise new plans regarding the public details of the "CYBER" project." : I didn't understand "to fight producing" and "regarding the public details ".

Info.txt : "you DON'T HAVE to" : I suggest "you MUSN'T".

I didn't translate "dreambox", nor the names ("Jack"="Jacques").
Thanks.

191.txt: when the player read the text...he don't has the virus...otherwise he can use the link, in fact this text appears only when you click on the archive's link and you don't already have the virus with you.

Absolutely, the empty lines are done to give a separation row between texts...and when it's not present it means that it's a beginning text or an interface text... In little words: LEAVE THE EMPTY LINES WHERE THEY ARE. Wink

195.txt: It's an interface text...there's no need of a point (it's the text that appears on the entering interface of GalaktixWorm's palace.

195.txt (maybe you mean 196.txt): Because the meeting is already started, in fact when you go to the metro they are already there. More precisely, while GalaktixWorm is talking to you...the meeting is already started.

GalaktixWorm is a person...is the person you find in his place...the GalaktixWorm "personal space". Remember that since we are in the cyberspace...every person is only an avatar.

203 et 209: A grate is the final part of a ventilation duct...so it's a grill...the grill that you see in the room where you are locked up in the metro.

222.txt: Yes, between "as a password" and "you access". Thanks.

234.txt: pod in english is like a central control panel...(for the same meaning that the iPod has its name). But translating it in other languages gives strange meanings...so for the french you know waht I mean to indicate: a central command panel...or a "postazione".

cyberspacedossier.txt: Got the typos. Thanks.

dossier.txt: ok...there should be a comma between "to fight" and "producing". "Regarding the public details" is also translatable as "About the public details". This is a translator mistake because in italian we say "In riguardo" which has the same meaning of "A proposito"...that is "About the...". Translate it as if it was "About the public details..."

Info.txt: Thanks. Exactly...you're right, it's a command not a suggestion.

Exactly, the DreamBox and the names remain the same.

Good job...really. Cool
RedGuff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 04:56:27 PM »

Thanks for your help again.
I'm finalising the translation. I'm rereading it, to correct the mistakes, the small strange formulations...
It's full done, in beta stage.
In 56.txt : what is D.D, please?
RedGuff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 06:31:11 PM »

Ok, it's done !
I just need the French text of the license:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/deed.fr in txt?
or this : http://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/communitycreativecommonslic.aspx ?
Or do you have it? or it's link?
I'll give you a zip or a 7Zip file by mail, after your answer.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 06:33:42 PM by RedGuff » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: